Pokhara Valley Sightseeing….
Pokhara is the finest natural city of the world. It is Nepal‘s tourism capital and the second largest tourist destination too. Pokhara is famous for its natural beauty and close view of Himalayas. The world highest peaks like Annapurna 1st. Dhaulagiri and Manaslu can be seen very close. These peaks can also be viewed from a luxury hotel room. About 30% of the total arrivals of tourist visit Pokhara.
Pokhara is also said a lake city of Nepal. There are more than seven beautiful lakes all are linked by a trekking trail. There are many places around Pokhara valley famous for sightseeing tour. From these places you will get the fantastic glimpse of white capped peaks, Lakes, Rivers, beautiful Pokhara city, green hills and realistic picture of traditional Nepalese villages. The places that are famous for sightseeing tour around the Pokhara valley are Sarangkot, world peace pagoda, Panchase Lake, and Bindabasini and many more some are listed here.
– It is a beautiful waterfall formed from the outlet of Fewa Lake . Why it is named Davi’s fall might be the matter of interest. Trekkers named Devin and David one day had their bath down to the Fewa dam but unknowingly the doors of the dam opened to reduce the water level. Both the trekkers did not notice the signal to run away and sadly they were washed way and one of them mysteriously disappeared down into the underground passage beneath the fall. Since then the fall was named Davi’s fall. It is worth visiting site of Pokhara.
– Sarangkot is a small hill on the north west side of Pokhara. It is the best place for sunrise and Mountain View like Machhapuchre (Fishtail), Annapurna range, and Dhaulagiri range, Lamjung Himal, Manaslu and the Ganesh Himal. Tourists reach there early in the morning to view the rolling sunrise and the dazzling mighty snow peaks in the morning tender sun. Sarangkot is very popular palce for sightseeing tour along with hiking. The Sarangkot is situated in 1592m above from the sea level. It offers one of the best Mountain View in the world. Here you can see the romantic glimpse of white capped peaks such as Annapurna, Manasalu, Ganesh Himal, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchare and more than 20 other mountains over 6000 meters high. Sarangkot also offers the beautiful natural views of Pokhara valley. From Sarangkot you can see the sunrise over the mountains. The tour of sarangkot can be combining with paragliding.
– Fewa Lake is the finest lake of Nepal . It is 41/2km long and 200m to 1km width. Boating on the lake is an exciting and most interesting moment. In the middle there is an island where Barahi temple is located. Every day thousands of visitors visit the temple. Surrounded by the green forest and lakeside city, Fewa Lake reflects the beautiful images of Machhachapuchre.
– Begnas lake is located 13km east of Pokhara city. This lake is in a round shape and is surrounded by green hills. On the north beautiful. Annapuran fourth Himal is overlooking the lake. While boating on the lake the images of the mountain is seen into the lake. There is regular buses and taxis service to Beganas lake and cycling also is also popular.
– Seti River is originated from the beautiful mountain the Machhapuchre Himal. The water is milky white and cool. The river before entering into the Pokhara city has been disappeared into a narrow natural tunnel and has appeared in some places. It is another natural wonder of Pokhara. Its width is hardly 2 meters and the depth is more than 20 meters but you cannot see the bottom of the river. Mahendra Pul (bridge) is the right pace to view the dreadful rush of the river through a narrow gorge.
Gupteshor Mahadev cave:
– South of the Pokhara valley there is a beautiful cave. The cave has different branches but the end has not yet been met. The main part of the cave is some 20m down. The bottom is wide and spacious. There is an image of Lord Shiv. One of the branch of the cave goes towards the Devi’s fall and after a 20 meters easy walk one can reach near the fall. It is a very wonderful moment to stand just below the fall inside the cave. Gupteshor Mahadev cave is a religious site for the Hindus. Many Hindu devotees visit the cave in different occasions.
– It is located on the north of Pokhara valley some 10km from the city center. This is the most popular cave of Nepal It is also unexplored. There has been made necessary arrangement for the visitor with service of the guides. Nearby the cave there is another cave named Chamere cave or the bat cave where hundreds of bats are live. Both caves are worth visiting.
World Peace Stupa:
– It is one of finest piece of sightseeing destination in Pokhara. Located on a small hilltop, world peace stupa is the best place to view the Himalaya range just in front of your eye. Overlooking the Fewa Lake the stupa site is well managed. The access is easy and both options trekking for one hour and driving are available to reach the stupa. World peace pagoda is situated in southern hill of pokhara valley, and below there is Siddratha highway. The brilliant-white World Peace Pagoda was constructed by Buddhist monks from the Japanese Nipponzan Myohoji organisation. A Peace Pagoda is a Buddhist stupa designed to provide a focus on peace for people of all races and creeds, and to help unite them in their search for world peace. From the premises of this pagoda you will get the romantic picture of Fewa Lake, eyes pleasing sight of Annapurna range and the clear picture of whole pokhara valley.
Tibetan Refuge Camp:
– In the fiftieth decade many Tibetan refuge had in-flexed into Nepal. They are settled in different part of the country. In Pokhara there are four Tibetan refugee camps. All these camps today are like the Tibetan villages where they are maintaining Tibetan culture, tradition and lifestyle. To experience the Tibetan culture at least one center is worth visiting.
–This Lake is situated in the boarder of three districts: Kaski, Syangja, and Parbat. This Lake is 2509m above from the sea level. View tower is made in the premises of this Lake, from this view tower panomaric view of Anapurna range and romantic picture of Pokhara valley can be seen. Moreover, in The Panchase Lake Siddha Baba temple is also situated,Hindu people gather there to perform puja.
–Bindabasini temple is located in the centre part of Pokhara city, the Pokhara valley along with white capped peaks Annapurna and Machhapuchhre ranges can be seen clearly from here. If you don’t have a time to go to other sightseeing places and eager for sightseeing of Pokhara valley then Bindabasini temple premises may be the best option for you.